Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Christmas Eve Service

I've been thinking about the Christmas Eve service we had at the Esquire. A year ago, on Christmas 2006, I sat in the back row, and remember that service being very warm, friendly, welcoming, and relaxing.

A lot has happened in 2007.

This year, I stood on the other side of the room, in front, and faced the crowd. I knew more people in attendance. We've started friendships. Many of us serve together at the Esquire. I'm beginning to know some of their struggles, challenges, and strengths. We met for only 40 minutes. We had music, a reading, and a candle-light reminder. I spoke for about 14-15 minutes. It wasn't the 'typical' Esquire crowd.

Sitting in that back row in 2006, I never would have thought I would be standing up there in 2007. It goes to show you again that God can do strong things through very weak people.

No comments: